How to Find Us
BY ROAD: From North or South M6:
- M6 North: Leave at Junction 36 (South Lakes): at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A590/A591 Signposted Kendal & Barrow. This is now dual carriage straight through to Windermere (approx 16 miles).
- Landmarks: You will pass petrol stations on each side of road. You will go straight across 1 large roundabout and see the Gateway Pub/Hotel on your left; this is now about ½ way to Windermere.
- As you come up the sweeping hill to the top of Windermere village you will see the Lake in the distance on the lefthandside and the Windermere Hotel on the right. Turn immediate left into Windermere village past the Tourist Information office.
- Carry on through Windermere village centre and out the other side and carry straight on down the main road (called New Rd at this point) for about 1 mile, when you see the police station slow down a little as you we are on the right hand side about 50 yards further on, opposite Beresford’s Restaurant. We are next door but one to Craig Manor Hotel.
- You will be able to travel by train straight to Windermere station. Oxenholme is usually where you may have to change from connecting trains. Please check http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/JourneyPlanner for train times.
- There is a Taxi Rank at the front of the station.
- Walking will take about 30 minutes (approx. 2 miles) from the train station. Follow directions as above for driving.
GOOGLE MAPS LINK: