- Ref: 12045
- Sleeps: 7 (4 Bedrooms)
- Rates: £450 - £2000 GBP
Sandown is our largest property and is an immaculate and spacious upside down home with 4 ground floor bedrooms sleeping 7, 5 bathrooms and a large comfortable living space with kitchen and utility room on the 1st floor.
Please note for any dates where the 'Rule of 6' restriction may still apply, we would have to limit the party size to 6.
Sandown is a 4 guestroom and 5 bathroom property offering all the comforts of home in the beautiful setting of Bowness-on-Windermere.
The huge comfortable lounge has lots of seating for all the guests in your party with wall mounted Smart TV, a DVD player, CDs and a CD player and an IPod docker. There are board games, cards, books, toys and lots of useful leaflets offering information about all the wonderful things to do and places to visit within the surrounding area.
Off the Lounge is a beautiful dining room which comfortably seats a large family group plus a highchair for the little ones.
The house sleeps 7 people plus 1 infant (by request) in 4 ground floor bedrooms comprising of 3 x double guestrooms with en-suite shower rooms and a lovely single guestroom, also with an en-suite shower room. All the bedrooms have their own TV. There is a travel cot available, you will just need to bring your own bedding.
The well equipped kitchen with utility/cloak/wash room has everything you will need to cook enjoyable family meals, including a double oven, hob, microwave, large fridge/freezer and separate fridge, bread maker, mixer, lots of pots and pans and of course a washing machine and dishwasher.
There is ample parking for 4 cars and a separate patio area with table, chairs and a BBQ.
We hope you enjoy the photo gallery
Rental rates are for the entire property.
|Description||From||To||Weekly||Monthly||Week Night||Weekend Night||Minimum Stay|
|Late Winter Break 2021||05 Nov 21||20 Dec 21||£789||-||£150||£189||3 Nights|
|Early Winter Break 2022||07 Jan 22||11 Feb 22||£789||-||£150||£189||3 Nights|
|Feb 11th 2022||11 Feb 22||18 Feb 22||£933||-||£270||£311||3 Nights|
|Feb Half Term 2022||18 Feb 22||25 Feb 22||£965||-||£322||£322||3 Nights|
|Feb to March Breaks 2022||25 Feb 22||31 Mar 22||£830||-||£260||£275||3 Nights|
|April 1st 2022||01 Apr 22||08 Apr 22||£1580||-||£526||£526||3 Nights|
|Easter Weekend 2022||08 Apr 22||11 Apr 22||-||-||£522||£522||3 Nights|
|April 29th 2022||29 Apr 22||06 May 22||£1022||-||£300||£341||3 Nights|
|May Bank Holiday 2022||27 May 22||03 Jun 22||£1999||-||£666||£666||3 Nights|
|June 3rd 2022||03 Jun 22||10 Jun 22||£1242||-||£414||£414||3 Nights|
|June 10th 2022||10 Jun 22||17 Jun 22||£1265||-||£422||£422||3 Nights|
|June 17th 2022||17 Jun 22||24 Jun 22||£1510||-||£503||£503||3 Nights|
|June 24th 2022||24 Jun 22||01 Jul 22||£1290||-||£430||£430||3 Nights|
|July 1st 2022||01 Jul 22||15 Jul 22||£1715||-||£571||£571||3 Nights|
|July 8th 2022||08 Jul 22||08 Jul 22||£1700||-||£566||£566||3 Nights|
|July 22nd & 29th July 2022||22 Jul 22||05 Aug 22||£1957||-||£652||£652||3 Nights|
|Aug 5th 2022||05 Aug 22||12 Aug 22||£1940||-||£646||£646||3 Nights|
|Aug 19th 2022||19 Aug 22||26 Aug 22||£1900||-||£633||£633||3 Nights|
|Aug 26th 2022||26 Aug 22||02 Sep 22||£1700||-||£556||£556||3 Nights|
|Sept 16th - 30th 2022||16 Sep 22||30 Sep 22||£1188||-||£385||£409||3 Nights|
|Sept 30th - 21st Oct||30 Sep 22||21 Oct 22||£1052||-||£340||£320||3 Nights|
|Oct Half Term 21st 2022||21 Oct 22||28 Oct 22||£1558||-||£519||£519||3 Nights|
|Winter Break 2022||28 Oct 22||22 Dec 22||£835||-||£220||£250||3 Nights|
|Xmas or New Year 2022||22 Dec 22||04 Jan 23||£1999||-||£400||£400||5 Nights|
Windermere is the ideal base for The Lake District as it has excellent restaurants, specialist & boutique shops, tea shops, wine bars & old traditional English pubs. From The Pier you can enjoy a trip around Lake Windermere hopping on and off at the traditional villages or ride the Lakeside steam train. There are lots for the kids to do like fun farms, Go Ape, a zoo, the aquarium etc. Alternatively from our front door you are already only minutes away from breath-taking views and many beautiful scenic walks, hikes and bike rides. But if you fancy a change from all that you can go climbing, sailing, golfing, fishing, horse riding, off roading, clay pigeon shooting, quad biking or visit the many historic houses, safari parks, award winning gardens, the list goes on with something for all.
BY ROAD: From North or South M6:
- M6 North: Leave at Junction 36 (South Lakes): at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A590/A591 Signposted Kendal & Barrow. This is now dual carriage straight through to Windermere (approx 16 miles).
- Landmarks: You will pass petrol stations on each side of road. You will go straight across 1 large roundabout and see the Gateway Pub/Hotel on your left; this is now about ½ way to Windermere.
- As you come up the sweeping hill to the top of Windermere village you will see the Lake in the distance on the lefthandside and the Windermere Hotel on the right. Turn immediate left into Windermere village past the Tourist Information office.
- Carry on through Windermere village centre and out the other side and carry straight on down the main road (called New Rd at this point) for about 1 mile, when you see the police station slow down a little as you we are on the right hand side about 50 yards further on, opposite Beresford’s Restaurant. We are next door but one to Craig Manor Hotel.
- You will be able to travel by train straight to Windermere station. Oxenholme is usually where you may have to change from connecting trains. Please check http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/JourneyPlanner for train times. There is a Taxi Rank at the front of the station.Walking: About 30 minute walk (2 miles) from the train station. Follow directions as above for driving.
GOOGLE MAPS LINK:
Just returned from 4 fantastic nights at Sandown, 5 adults and a 2 year old. I'd have to write an essay to list all that was good about the accommodation and owner Georgie!— Jane Surtees 01 Oct 2021
The house was very comfortable, immaculate, with lots of lovely extra touches and very well equipped. Perfect location. fantastic host with excellent communication between us, nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel so welcome from booking through to (reluctantly) leaving this morning ..... I could go on and on and on, but I think you get the picture!
Would highly recommend and will most definitely be returning ourselves :)
We would love to hear from you with any questions about our properties, their location, availability, rates etc. Please fill in the enquiry form and we will respond to you as soon as possible.