- Ref: 12045
- Sleeps: 6 (4 Bedrooms)
- Rates: £384 - £1816 GBP
Sandown is our largest property and is an immaculate and spacious upside down home with 4 ground floor bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a large comfortable living space on the 1st floor. Usually sleeping 7 (plus infant in cot), we are currently having to follow the new ruling of max. 6 people. However, if your enquiry is for a party of 7 for later in the year or 2021 please do get in touch as clearly government rulings may change in due time.
Sandown is a 4 guestroom and 5 bathroom property offering all the comforts of home in the beautiful setting of Bowness-on-Windermere.
The large comfortable lounge has ample seating for all the guests in your party with wall mounted Smart TV, a DVD player, CDs and a CD player and an IPod docker. There are board games, cards, books, toys and lots of useful leaflets offering information about all the wonderful things to do and places to visit within the surrounding area.
Off the Lounge is a beautiful dining room which comfortably seats a large family group plus a highchair for the little ones.
The house usually sleeps 7 people plus 1 infant (by request) but under current COVID rules as of Sept 2020 until further changes are advised we are having to limit groups to 6. The bedroom arrangement is 4 ground floor bedrooms comprising of 3 x double guestrooms with en-suite shower rooms and a lovely single guestroom, also with an en-suite shower room. All the bedrooms have their own TV. There is a travel cot available, you will just need to bring your own bedding.
The well equipped kitchen with utility/cloak/wash room has everything you will need to cook enjoyable family meals, including a double oven, hob, microwave, large fridge/freezer and separate fridge, bread maker, mixer, lots of pots and pans and of course a washing machine and dishwasher.
There is ample parking for 4 cars and a separate patio area with table, chairs and a BBQ.
If you are looking to book for later in the year or 2021 and your party is 7 (with or without infant) please do enquire as we do not know when the current rules on gatherings may change.
We hope you enjoy the photo gallery
£30 Early Bird Discount for 2021 Bookings
Enjoy a £30 discount for any 2021 bookings
Rental rates are for the entire property.
|Description||From||To||Weekly||Monthly||Week Night||Weekend Night||Minimum Stay|
|Late Winter Break 2020||06 Nov 20||22 Dec 20||£485||-||£128||£128||3 Nights|
|Early Winter Break 2021||08 Jan 21||12 Feb 21||£490||-||£150||£150||3 Nights|
|Half Term Feb 2021||12 Feb 21||19 Feb 21||£880||-||£293||£293||3 Nights|
|Feb 19 2020||19 Feb 21||26 Mar 21||£700||-||£200||£200||3 Nights|
|Mar 26 2020||26 Mar 21||02 Apr 21||£1100||-||£367||£367||3 Nights|
|Easter Holidays 2021||02 Apr 21||09 Apr 21||£1550||-||£517||£517||3 Nights|
|Apr 16 2020||16 Apr 21||30 Apr 21||£888||-||£250||£250||3 Nights|
|Short Break Apr 30 2020||30 Apr 21||03 May 21||-||-||£319||£319||3 Nights|
|May 7 2021||07 May 21||21 May 21||£999||-||£333||£333||3 Nights|
|June 11 2021||11 Jun 21||18 Jun 21||£1280||-||£427||£427||3 Nights|
|June 18 2021||18 Jun 21||25 Jun 21||£1400||-||£467||£467||3 Nights|
|June 25 2021||25 Jun 21||02 Jul 21||£1300||-||£433||£433||3 Nights|
|July 2 2021||02 Jul 21||16 Jul 21||£1400||-||£467||£467||3 Nights|
|July 16 2021||16 Jul 21||23 Jul 21||£1480||-||£493||£493||3 Nights|
|July 23 2021||23 Jul 21||30 Jul 21||£1600||-||£533||£533||3 Nights|
|July 30 2021||30 Jul 21||06 Aug 21||£1700||-||£567||£567||3 Nights|
|Aug 2021||06 Aug 21||27 Aug 21||£1600||-||£533||£533||3 Nights|
|Aug 27 2021||27 Aug 21||03 Sep 21||£1300||-||£433||£433||3 Nights|
|Sept 2021||03 Sep 21||15 Oct 21||£999||-||£299||£299||3 Nights|
|Oct 15 2021||15 Oct 21||22 Oct 21||£870||-||£250||£250||3 Nights|
|Oct 22 2021||22 Oct 21||29 Oct 21||£1550||-||£517||£517||3 Nights|
|Late Winter Break 2021||29 Oct 21||20 Dec 21||£710||-||£205||£205||3 Nights|
|New Year 2021||29 Dec 21||05 Jan 22||£1816||-||£666||£666||3 Nights|
Windermere is the ideal base for The Lake District as it has excellent restaurants, specialist & boutique shops, tea shops, wine bars & old traditional English pubs. From The Pier you can enjoy a trip around Lake Windermere hopping on and off at the traditional villages or ride the Lakeside steam train. There are lots for the kids to do like fun farms, Go Ape, a zoo, the aquarium etc. Alternatively from our front door you are already only minutes away from breath-taking views and many beautiful scenic walks, hikes and bike rides. But if you fancy a change from all that you can go climbing, sailing, golfing, fishing, horse riding, off roading, clay pigeon shooting, quad biking or visit the many historic houses, safari parks, award winning gardens, the list goes on with something for all.
BY ROAD: From North or South M6:
- M6 North: Leave at Junction 36 (South Lakes): at roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A590/A591 Signposted Kendal & Barrow. This is now dual carriage straight through to Windermere (approx 16 miles).
- Landmarks: You will pass petrol stations on each side of road. You will go straight across 1 large roundabout and see the Gateway Pub/Hotel on your left; this is now about ½ way to Windermere.
- As you come up the sweeping hill to the top of Windermere village you will see the Lake in the distance on the lefthandside and the Windermere Hotel on the right. Turn immediate left into Windermere village past the Tourist Information office.
- Carry on through Windermere village centre and out the other side and carry straight on down the main road (called New Rd at this point) for about 1 mile, when you see the police station slow down a little as you we are on the right hand side about 50 yards further on, opposite Beresford’s Restaurant. We are next door but one to Craig Manor Hotel.
- You will be able to travel by train straight to Windermere station. Oxenholme is usually where you may have to change from connecting trains. Please check http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/JourneyPlanner for train times. There is a Taxi Rank at the front of the station.Walking: About 30 minute walk (2 miles) from the train station. Follow directions as above for driving.
GOOGLE MAPS LINK:
We would love to hear from you with any questions about our properties, their location, availability, rates etc. Please fill in the enquiry form and we will respond to you as soon as possible.